How to Split Text into Different Columns
Contents in this article - click to jump to section:
Instructions for Google Sheets
- Import your Contact List CSV into Google Sheets, or make a new spreadsheet and paste in the data you want to split.
- Select the text or column, then click the Data menu and select Split text to columns...
- Google Sheets will open a small menu beside your text where you can select to split by comma, space, semicolon, period, or custom character. When using RocketReach data, please select to split by comma.
- Google Sheets will automatically split your text.
- You can use the data in Google Sheets, or go to File in the top left menu and select Download, then choose your desired file type.
Instructions for Microsoft Excel
- Select the cell or column that contains the text you want to split.
- Select Data > Text to Columns.
- In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited > Next.
- Select the Delimiters for your data. For example, Comma and Space. You can see a preview of your data in the Data preview window.
- Select Next.
- Select the Destination in your worksheet which is where you want the split data to appear.
- Select Finish, and Excel will automatically split your text.
Instructions for Apple Numbers
Numbers doesn't have a built-in tool to split text. However, if you're using a Mac and don't want to use Google Sheets, you can use this Automator script to split text.